ARTH in partnership with UNFPA and Department of Medical, Health and Family Welfare, Government of Rajasthan is working to strengthen pre-service education for nursing and midwifery cadre in 5 districts of Udaipur zone in the state of Rajasthan. The project covers 5 ANM training centres and 2 GNM training centres at Banswara, Dunagrpur, Chittorgarh, Rajsamand and Udaipur and aims to improve the educational and clinical skills of nursing faculties of ANM/GNM training centres and strengthen attached clinical practice site by upgrading the clinical training capacity of the service providers. ARTH named the initiative as “Kushal project”, meaning a project to improve training and clinical skills.
Progress so far:
- Orientation workshop of ANM and GNM faculties of 5 districts of Udaipur zone has been completed.
- Baseline assessment based on GOI guidelines for strengthening pre-service education for the nursing midwifery cadre in 5 districts of Udaipur zone has been completed.
- Final gap analysis report of 5 ANMTCs and 2 GNMTCs has been prepared.
- Action plan has been developed in consultation with District Health Officers and Principal of training centres.
- Regular monitoring visits are undertaken to ANM and GNM training centres.
- District level review meetings are conducted every quarter starting from 2014.
- District level review meeting was held in 2014 for discussion to fulfill minimum requirements of ANM & GNMTCs alongwith gap analysis review report.
- On-site orientation training on evidence based practices was organized for service providers and tutors.